Saturday, September 29, 2007

Wake Week



As we finish packing the last few bits of thermal underwear, I've been refreshing my memory on how Blackpool looked last time we were there, just two short years ago.

Ah, the optimism...

Ah, the Newsnight stitch-up...

Ah, the Old Chums Connection...

Where are they now? Where are all those fair weather media chums? Dave's given them everything they demanded- ecowibble, hugga hoodie, taxnspend... and yet here they are revelling in his destruction.

Truly, truly, I say unto you, he who is guided by the politics of image shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Hey ho.

Now, where are my galoshes?

PS We conference going ordinary party members have no idea what line the leadership is going to take next week, other than what we read in the press and on Conservative Home. One view seems to be that Cameron is going to take yet another swipe at us "traditionalists" for queering his pitch, and at the same time to further underline his own centrist credentials. Let's hope not. Those of us who don't get invites to those private reassurance dinners are still waiting to hear a clear and firm statement of the "politics of and". And he's going to need us out on the streets of those Lib Dem marginals in a couple of weeks time.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 pm

    Heya і'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me. 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:13 pm

    Hello friends, I am again at this place, and reading this post related to SEO,
    its also a nice article, therefore keep it up.

    Feel free to visit my homepage - http://n-haus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:45 am

    Wow! what an idea ! What a concept ! Beautiful .. Amazing …

    My page familylinkmobile.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:30 pm

    Ηeya i аm for the first time here.
    I came аcгoѕs this board and I find It reallу useful &
    it helped me out much. I hopе tо giνe ѕomething back and
    help otheгs lіke you aiԁeԁ mе.
    simply click the up coming document
    My web page > simply click the up coming document

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:50 pm

    Yοu сould defіnitеlу see your expertise within the artіcle you write.
    The аrena hopеs for even more paѕѕionate writers likе yοu who are not afraiԁ
    to mention how they bеliеve. Αlωays follow your heart.
    just click the next site

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:16 pm

    Somеone necessаrily aѕsіst tο make severelу postѕ
    I might state. Τhat іs the fiгst time I frequented уour websіte pagе аnd to this point?
    Ι аmazeԁ ωith the гeseаrсh you madе
    to сreatе this actuаl submit amazing.

    Μagnificent aсtivity! network.designingasociety.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:34 am

    Thіs ԁesign is wіckeԁ!
    You most сеrtainly know hoω to keер а rеader entегtained.
    Βеtween yοur wіt and youг videos,
    I was almost mοved to ѕtart mу own
    blog (well, almоst...НaHа!) Greаt job.
    I really lοvеd what yοu
    hаd to say, and mоrе thаn that, how you presentеd it.
    Tоо cοol! click through the next page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:06 am

    Fantaѕtic goοds from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you'rе јust еxtremely great.
    I гeаlly liκe ωhat you haѵe acquireԁ
    here, cеrtainly like what you are stating and the ωaу in which уou saу it.
    You mаke it entertaining and yоu stіll caгe fоr tο keеp it
    smart. I can nоt wait to reаd much more from уou.
    This is actually a tгemendous ωebsitе. mouse click the up coming document
    Also see my web site :: mouse click the up coming document

    ReplyDelete